Please note the following changes to our operations at Tall Timbers Tree Farm due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
We would like to inform you of the changes that we will be implementing this season so that you can plan before arriving at the tree farm. Please remember that these changes have been made with the safety of both our customers and our employees in mind. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of Covid -19 at our farm. It is our hope that the changes that we have implemented can be returned to normal as soon as possible. We thank you for your help in advance as we keep your family’s safety in mind.
1. Before arriving- If anyone in your family has had Covid-19 or related symptoms within the last 14 days, we kindly ask you not to come to the farm until that time period is over. Also, if someone in your family group has been exposed to anyone with the virus in the last 14 days, please refrain from coming to the farm until that time period is over.
2. When you arrive at the farm, please be prepared to wear a mask and to keep social distancing. While visiting our tree farm is primarily an outdoor activity, please know that you will be required to wear a mask when you are near our employees or other customers- even outdoors. Our employees will in turn be wearing masks to protect you.
When you arrive, we will have three areas to which you may proceed:
I. Coming for a pre-cut tree? Proceed to the tree lot under the lights where we will have our pre-cut Christmas trees.
II. Coming for a wreath or garland? The big red barn will have our wreaths and garland.
III. Coming to have your tree cut in the field? Head to the Welcome Area, to the left of the barn, where you will go for directions for selecting your tree in the field.
3. This year our tractors and trailers will be used to transport trees only. We will be asking that you walk out to the field to select your tree. By eliminating the hayrides, we hope to eliminate the heavy congregating of customers and promote social distancing. Signs will be posted in the fields and the greeter will send you in the correct direction. You will be assisted out in the field by our employees, who will cut down your tree for you and help you with your tree identification tag. You will then walk back to the barn while our employees bring your tree back for you.
*Please remember to dress appropriately for the weather.
a. We will have pre-cut Christmas trees available for you near the barn. We will be requiring social distancing in this area. During busy times you may be asked to wait a little longer than usual.
b. If you would prefer a curb side type service, please call us at 269-463-5750. We will ask you to let us know what type of tree you would like and give us your best description. We will do our best to select what you have in mind. You will then be asked to pay by credit card over the phone. We will let you know when your tree will be available to pick up, which will vary depending upon how busy we are. We will do our best to have your tree ready in a timely manner. We will call you to let you know when your tree is ready to be picked up.
4. To pay for your tree this year, we ask that you come to our gift shop window and pay through the window. We will still be accepting cash or credit cards. We request that only one person from your family stand in line to pay to reduce the number of people in line.
5. We regret that we will not be able to open up the gift shop on the weekends. Our physical space is too small for the capacity of our weekend customers. At this time, our plan is to have the gift shop open on Monday – Thursday afternoons by appointment only. Appointments will be limited to 30 minutes and the number of shoppers will be limited to 4. All persons in the gift shop will be required to wear masks- customers and employees. Please call us as 269-463-5750 to schedule a gift shop appointment.
6. The wreath barn will be open with wreaths and garland, but we ask that you please observe social distancing by allowing one family at a time in the barn.
7. Unfortunately, we will not be offering hot chocolate this year. All self-serve beverages are prohibited by the State of Michigan, and most of our customers are in the habit of helping themselves. (If you would like to make your own hot chocolate and bring it in your own thermos, that may make a very special memory for your family.)
8. Hand sanitizer stations will be located around the barn and gift shop area.
9. Please remain in your vehicle if you are having one of our employees tie your tree on your car.
Please remember this is a new and fluid situation for us and all items are subject to change.
We thank you in advance for helping us keep all of our customers and employees safe. We ALL look forward to a happy, healthy Christmas season.
Remember to bring:
1. Warm boots, coats, hats & gloves.
2. Your PPE- masks for all and hand sanitizer.
3. Optional- a food treat for your kids in the car, such as a thermos of hot chocolate from home.
4. Your patience- things may take a little longer this year to keep us all safe.